it's official!

Tuesday, August 10

i always knew this day would come. i always knew i would be emotional. and, i always knew she would be excited!
 the week before her first day, i cried every time i thought about it. it is such a change. such an adjustment.
 she has to go 5 days a week. FIVE days. she has to be there at 8 o'clock. in the MORNING. this is a shock to most of our family. carter gets up at 6:30 a.m. the rest of us get up . . . after her.
 it is this frequency and promptness that caused the tears. not because i will miss my sleep (that would be josh most of the time!), but because this means my child will be with someone else more of her day than she is with me.
 this same little girl who has been by my side and under my care from the moment she was born will be at school for 7 hours a day.
and this will make our day look a little bit different.

we will miss her during our day, but we know she is having so much fun!

1 comments:

Candice Pair said...

Aww! I think about that day all the time, too. But I'm sure it is a lot harder on you since you're use to being home with her. But she will love it!

Ps...I follow her teacher's blog, too ha!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

pockets full of sunshine All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger